This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kharis Sulistiyono 2 years, 9 months ago.

Blog Comments not working

• I cant seem to get the blog comments section working . Im sure that I am overlooking something since it uses a different script than the connection page with the php file.

I was forced to delete the section from each Blog post to prevent unanswered question from viewers.

The Site is up at.
    http://dwrissler-art.com

Hello there,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I’m afraid that we can’t have blog comment form working completely like regular blog comment system as it’s found in blog engine or CMS (i.e. WordPress).

Blog comment section of Vida is currently a static. It can’t handle and process any input data from visitors since it isn’t database driven template.

I was thinking that you should need to connect or implement it to your PHP application or CMS. Alternatively you could able to use Disqus instead.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Regards,
    Kharis

I thought I was missing some backside code that allowed some sort of functionality to the Blog comment section. If I had known it was a play/pretend demo I might have chosen a different template to base my site around.
    I am satisfied with how the site looks and I am not sorry for the results, but I wasted a lot of time migrating content from my wordpress site with the expectation of a basic function. Now of course the original wordpress blog looks amateurish compared to the Vida based section, so there is no going back.
    One final area I had difficulties with was the Vertical Portfolio. I chose it because of the thumbnail scroll already integrated. Trying to add any text section to each image div breaks the thumbnail code. It would be nice to have the option of adding titles etc to each image and not have those counted as individual images and making the thumbnails a roulette game.
    I appreciate the swift response to my question and the level of documentation that was included in the site.

Hello there,

Thank you for writing in.

Let me clarify a thing. Vida isn’t WordPress theme. It is a static HTML template. I’m afraid it doesn’t work with WordPress. If you want it does so, you should need to convert to WordPress by yourself. If you can’t, I strongly recommend you to hire freelancer from Envato Studio.

Trying to add any text section to each image div breaks the thumbnail code. It would be nice to have the option of adding titles etc to each image and not have those counted as individual images and making the thumbnails a roulette game.

I was thinking that making some modification requires extra effort on adjusting its look. Adding or modifying HTML part might require CSS code adjustment. As we know that there are various possibility what type of modification which user probably try to apply. It’s hard to cover all of them.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Please let us know if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
    Kharis

The topic ‘Blog Comments not working’ is closed to new replies.