This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kharis Sulistiyono 2 years, 6 months ago.

Clicking order of menu items

• Hi all,

I am having an issue with navigation on menu.
    I have reordered the menu items on the sidebar, but the problem is that when i click on the menu item now, another menu item enlightens and become bold.
    For example, I click on Publications, but Contact Me becomes white and bold.

My question is: How do i fix the order of this clicking options in the sidebar menu?

Thanks,
    KR

Hello there,

Thank you for getting in touch. I would be happy to take care of this for you. I need to inspect your site directly. Could you please post your site URL here so I can have a look?

If you want it to remain private, don’t forget to set your reply as private.

Regards,
    Kharis

Hi,

Thanks for a quick rely.
    I still have my page locally, so it is not posted online, so if you could help me with any advice regarding this issue, because otherwise, I do not have any other option.
    Please let me know if you need more details on my problem.

Thanks.

Regards,
    KR

Hello there,

Thank you for reporting.

Make sure the target location of navigation links are unique. Avoid duplication.

Correct:

< a href="#research">Research< /a>
    < a href="#research2">Research 2< /a>
    < a href="#research3">Another Research< /a>

Incorrect:

< a href="#research">Research< /a>
    < a href="#research">Research 2< /a>
    < a href="#research">Another Research< /a>

Let me know if this reply helps.

Regards,
    Kharis

Hi Kharis,

I tried what you advised, but still that didn’t fix my problem.

It is really annoying, because I am adding new menu items, and the problem is only replicating.

Do you know which feature should I change in order to change the order of clicking when I click on the menu (sidebar) items?

I would really appreciate your help.

Regards,
    Korab

Hello there,

Sorry for inconvenience.

Could you please try to re-arrange the menu item’s content block? If its menu is placed at the most top, the content block itself should be placed at the most top as well. The most top content block requires to have the following attribute.

class="page home" data-pos="home"

Take a look at the enclosed attachments. Here, I tried to place “Research” menu to the most top. Then I re-arrange “Research” content block to the most top. I modified class and data-pos attributes to the following.

< div id="research" class="page home" data-pos="home" >

Make sure that only one content block has class=”page home” data-pos=”home” attributes.

If you add new menu items, please consider which one should be placed at the most top. Also make sure its content block exists.

For example, I would like to add “Achievement” menu item. So, I should need to insert new menu item code.

• < a href="#achievement"> <div class="icon icon-star"></div> <div class="text">Achievement</div> < / a>
  • Then I should need to create achievement content block.

< div id="achievement" class="page">
      < div class="pagecontents">
          <!--- Content goes here -->
      < /div> 
    < /div>

Make sure id=”achievement” is unique. Other element doesn’t has this.

I hope I’ve explained myself well.

Let me know how it works for you. I’ll wait to hear back from you regarding your stats.

Regards,
    Kharis

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Kharis,

I resolved the issue. It seems that the problem in my case was the arrangements of the blocks within html file. So I rearranged blocks in that order that I wanted to appear on the menu, and now everything is fine.

Thank you very much for you effort.

Regards,
    KRr

Hello there,

I’m glad the problem resolved. I’m happy to have an opportunity to assist you. Please let us know if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

If you don’t mind, could you please rate our product from your download page? We would highly appreciate it if you do so.

Regards,
    Kharis

The topic ‘Clicking order of menu items’ is closed to new replies.