This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kharis Sulistiyono 2 years, 1 month ago.

Error 403

• I don’t know why, but today I noticed that my wordpress (with the Toranj theme) is not available with a 403 Error.

This happens sometimes: this morning a page refresh solved the problem. But now it doesn’t work again, so I am writing you just to understand if it is something related to the theme.

Any ideas?
    Thank you in advance!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hello there,

Thank you for reporting.

I couldn’t replicate the issue on my end.

Does it happen on all URLs or just specific?

Regards,
    Kharis

yes, it happens often, but not always… and it seems to happen only in the homepage!

Hello there,

I’m afraid it doesn’t relate to the theme.

I was thinking that probably there are miss-configuration of .htaccess and/or file and directory permission. The 403 error message means that the user made a valid request but the server is refusing to serve the request, due to a lack of permission to access the requested resource.

Please take a look into .htaccess file which exists in the directory where your WordPress is installed. Make sure it’s configured correctly as follows.

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>
    # END WordPress

Regarding to the file and directory permissions.

• All directories should be 755 or 750.
    • All files should be 644 or 640. Exception: wp-config.php should be 440 or 400 to prevent other users on the server from reading it.

For more info, please visit this page.

I hope this reply helps.

I’ll wait to hear back from you regarding your stats.

Regards,
    Kharis

Everything seems now to be fine, without any edit. It’s strange.

Anyway, the htaccess has the same configuration. I’ve just only edited the wp-config permission as you suggested.

Thank you so much for your answer! :-)

Hello there,

You’re welcome!

Glad to know that everything is fine now.

I’m happy to have an opportunity to assist you.

Please let us know if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
    Kharis

The topic ‘Error 403’ is closed to new replies.