This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  plegros 2 years, 2 months ago.

import publications

• Hi,

I developed my site locally with MAMP and I put it online today. I transferred the database, imported the full content in wp_content, and everything seems fine except that none of my publications appears or seems to have been transferred (I have 49 of them, so that will be a lot of work to redo everything). The library has been transferred, so the only thing missing are the pubs. Is there a way to make a bulk export/import of publications ? Thanks for your help,
    Patrick

Hello there,

Thank you for reporting. Could you please try to export XML file of publication post type through Tools > Export menu?

Once the file exported, open it in your code editor, then adjust the site URL to make attachment synced to your live site’s. Use quick find and replace menu.

Let me know how it goes. I’ll wait to hear back from you regarding your stats.

Regards,
    Kharis

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

To import the XML file, use Tools > Import menu through your live site’s admin. You’ll be prompted to install and activate WordPress Importer plugin if it isn’t been activated yet.

Regards,
    Kharis

Thanks, it worked nicely :)

have a good day,

Patrick

The topic ‘import publications’ is closed to new replies.