This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kharis Sulistiyono 2 years, 2 months ago.

Put Print Friendly Button on Publications Page

• I have install Print Friendly plugin because I want the print button on Publications page.

I am not very good in coding. Can you show me where/how to put the following code so the button will appear on my Publications page?

<?php if(function_exists(‘pf_show_link’)){echo pf_show_link();} ?>

Thanks in advance.

Hello there,

Thank you for asking. In order to achieve that objective, we should modify core template file in child theme mode. Because it will safe us from future update. For more information, please go here.

Firstly, install and activate faculty child theme (faculty-child.zip); it can be found in the download package, in sample child theme folder. Next, do the following.

1. Extract faculty-child.zip
    2. Copy page-publications.php file from faculty theme folder to child theme folder (faculty-child)
    3. Open page-publications.php file of child theme in your code editor
    4. Find the following line of code

wp_reset_query();?>

5. Insert your print button code right after the code above. So you should have as follows

wp_reset_query();?>

<?php if(function_exists('pf_show_link')){echo pf_show_link();} ?>

6. Save the changes, then upload it through FTP or cPanel

If everything goes right, the print button will be visible at the bottom of your publication page.

Let me know how it goes. I’ll wait to hear back from you regarding your stats.

Regards,
    Kharis

I’ve try it. It only appear about a second and after that it disappear. How do I want to put it beside the Publications title?

Hello there,

Could you please post the plugin URL here, so I can do testing on my end first?

Regards,
    Kharis

The topic ‘Put Print Friendly Button on Publications Page’ is closed to new replies.