This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jdonathan 2 years, 3 months ago.

Sorting feature on the publications page

• I need to be able to sort by month in addition to year in the publications page. I am not sure what criteria this page is sorting after the year. The years sort properly. but the months do not fall into chronological order in either ascending or descending. It is not sorting by alphabet either so I am ending up with no logical order after the year. October comes before April in ascending, april comes before December in descending order,etc. If you look at the demo, you will also see the same issue, on the demo the months are not falling in proper order either so it is not just my copy. I need the months to sort properly. How can we do that?

Hello there,

Thank you for asking.

The publication order in publication.html is taken from HTML5 custom data (data-) attribute as seen below.

You should need to adjust that data-year attribute value as what its content says about the publication date.

If you have publication date format in day-month-year, so you should put [YEAR][MONTH][DAY] value.

* Publication A was published on January 04, 2011
    * Publication B was published on January 25, 2011
    * Publication C was published on November 10, 2015
    * Publication D was published on November 17, 2015

So, the data-year attribute value should be as follows.

Publication A

Publication B

Publication C

Publication D

Let me know how it goes. I’ll wait to hear back from you regarding your stats.

That worked perfectly. took a little time since there were over 260 of them, but they are all aligned as they should be by month/year. Thank you!

The topic ‘Sorting feature on the publications page’ is closed to new replies.