This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kharis Sulistiyono 2 years, 7 months ago.

Using the publications page in a different web design template

• I bought the faculty html template for my boss’s faculty page, but he also has a lab website that uses a different template, he didn’t want them both to look the same. I opened the faculty site and “saved as” the publications page from it into the new template. He has over 231 publications and I don’t want to type them all by hand a second time. I saved the css and js files from the faculty site into a different folder since I can’t overwrite the css/js files that govern the new website. I’ve changed the source code to reflect the new source folder. Parts flat out do not show up. on pub authors, only the first author shows up, the pub citations do not show up at all. the panels open and close as they should but the filter by type and filter by year have a really weird alignment, and I’ve tried every combination of col-md-# variation there is and they won’t move from the far right side, and the menus on the filter type show through the wording of each listing. The first paragraph and title does not show up at all either. I’m attaching 2 screen shots that show the screwed up filter by type and the code for that as well.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello there,

Thank you for getting in touch. I was thinking that you should need to copy all of JS and CSS files and make sure they are all called properly on the front-end. Also make sure that they are not overridden by other template’s. I strongly suggest you to try to work with browser’s console. It might help you a bit during deploying our theme over another template.

Regards,
    Kharis

What is it that governs the pub cites and pub authors? There is no reason I can see why only the first author shows up and none of the citations show up, is that a CSS style sheet or a js file?

Hello there,

Thank you for asking.

It should visible if their HTML elements exist. Neither CSS nor JS prevents them to be displayed in the front-end. Make sure that governs the pub cites and pub authors elements exist.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Regards,
    Kharis

The topic ‘Using the publications page in a different web design template’ is closed to new replies.