There are some changes at this version that needs attention when you want to update the theme to v3 from lower version.
Then before you update the theme file, deactivate and delete the Visual Composer plugin.
Now that we have deleted the Visual composer plugin files from our website we can update the theme.
- Download new version from ThemeForest.
- Unzip the package.
- Find and unzip the faculty-3.1.1.zip
- connect to your website via FTP
- navigate to ../wp-content/themes/
- delete the faculty folder
- upload the unzipped faculty folder from the updates to replace the deleted on on your server
- Login to your WordPress admin panel
- You will see a notification about recommended and required plugins to install or activate
- finally, Install and activate the recommended and required plugin